International experience develops a global outlook which gives you a competitive edge once you step into the professional world. Studying abroad challenges you to step out of your comfort zone which encourages you to develop a pragmatic viewpoint. The diverse knowledge, cultural sensitivity, intercultural competency, global mindset, global network, new skill sets, new language, flexibility are a few reasons to study abroad. In the contemporary business world of innovations and competition, global exposure can help you accelerate your career growth. So, let’s take a look at the top 5 study abroad destinations as per the QS & Times Higher Education rankings.
The United States of America is ranked first in the world as it is the best study abroad destination and most famous among international students too. The courses from the USA will invite international recognition. According to the QS ranking 2019, 12 American universities are among the top 20 international universities.
• Approximately 10,95,000 international students were studying in the US in 2019
• The US is known as a melting pot of culture and for being culturally sensitive
• Hub for Research and Development
• Touted as a Technological hotspot
• Harvard University
• Stanford University
• Massachusetts Institute of Technology
• The University of California, Berkeley (UCB)
• Columbia University
If you want to know more about why the US is considered as a popular study abroad destination, please click here.
The United Kingdom is the second most popular education hotspot around the globe. Did you know that Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education (QAA) conducts regular assessments to ensure quality education? The UK’s top 4 universities are placed in the top 10 universities of the world, according to the QS World University Ranking, 2019.
• Approximately 4,85,000 international students were studying in the UK in 2019
• Flexible and research-oriented education system
• Also, 76 UK universities were featured in QS World University Ranking 2019
• University of Oxford
• University of Cambridge
• Imperial College London
• The University of Edinburgh
• University of Manchester
In 2019, 26 Canadian universities appeared in QS World University Ranking. Canadian courses are highly recognized across the world. Canada is culturally a diverse country and you will find Canadians to be warm and friendly.
• Canada is popular for Postgraduate Work Permit (PGWP) among international students
• The multicultural and culturally sensitive country was a home to 6,40,000 international students in 2019
• University of Toronto
• University of British Colombia
• McGill University
• Université de Montréal
• University of Alberta
After the US and the UK, Germany is the most preferred study abroad destination with 13 of its legendary universities among the top 250 universities. Germany spends 5% of the GDP on education.
• Low to absolutely no tuition fees attracts most international students
• Despite low tuition fees, Germany is popular for its highly efficient education system
• Popular for internships
• Jacobs University
• Technical University of Berlin
• RWTH Aachen University
• University of Freiburg
• Bauhaus University
You can explore Australia for any stream of study but it is well-known for courses in business management, humanities, and science. Did you know Australia reserves ~5% of its GDP for education? No wonder QS ranking places Australia in the top three for easy access to higher quality education.
• 35 top Australian universities are featured in Times Higher Education rankings
• 1,100 universities and institutions offering 22,000 courses
• University of Melbourne
• University of Sydney
• Australian National University
• University of Queensland
• Monash University
So, which country have you chosen to gain academic excellence from? Whichever country you may have chosen, be assured that we, at Avanse will handhold you throughout your academic journey and ensure that you have a hassle-free experience in terms of your education financing.