During the admission and recruitment process, companies use resumes to learn more about applicants to evaluate whether they are the right fit. Studies suggest that, on average, recruiters spend only six to seven seconds on each resume. Hence, it is essential to get noticed by a potential employer/moderator in this limited time span. And for this, submitting a well-written resume is indispensable.
How do tips for resume help students?
Just like resumes help job aspirants in job search, students submit their resumes to colleges to get admissions and to companies for internships. An updated resume is a crucial document that highlights your skills, qualifications, achievements, ambition and passion for pursuing a course.
So, here are some resume writing tips and samples that will make your job or admission application stand out from the crowd.
Resume Writing Tips
· Include necessary information: The foremost important thing is that a resume must include some basic information that helps employers to understand who you are, what you have studied, how you are different from others, etc. The basic information comprises name, academic qualification, relevant skills, additional courses/certification programs undertaken, projects or research, extra-curricular activities, internships and work experience (if any) and contact details.
· Add career objective: Adding a career objective to a resume is essential to tell why you are the right person for the particular position. Keep it short to 3-5 sentences. You can write it in bullet points or a sentence format.
For instance, if you have completed your education in the Engineering domain and looking for your first job role, impress the recruiters by writing your career objective as a “Self-motivated and hardworking individual with exceptional research and data analysis skills seeking the position of Junior Mechanical Engineer in your company”.
Pro-Tip: Tailor the career objective of the resume to suit the position you are applying for.
Resume writing: mistakes to avoid
· Do not include unnecessary personal information (age, weight, height, etc.).
· Do not lie regarding your skill set and work experience; be honest.
· Avoid using hard-to-read fonts. “Times New Roman” and “Arial” are the best fonts for resume writing.
We, at Avanse Financial Services, are committed to make your study abroad journey hassle-free. Hopefully, the aforementioned resume writing tips will help you to gain admission to your preferred institution or grab your first job offer. In case you are facing financial constraints, feel free to share your worries with us. We offer a hyper-personalised loan for education to students and help them fulfil their academic aspirations. For more details, contact us today!
We always aim to offer you competitive interest rates on your Avanse Education loan.
The rate of interest on your loan is calculated as: Interest Rate = Avanse Base Rate + Spread.
Our current Base Rate is 14.25% (WEF 01.05.2023).
The Spread is floating and is based on analysis of overall credit and course profiling.
This rate is subject to the terms and conditions of Avanse Financial Services Ltd.